Friday, June 4, 2010

Introduction: The Downtrodden Solidarity Project

Disclaimer* this blog is a work of fiction.

Hello.

My name is Jeff Swiner. I graduated from the University of Western Ontario on London, Ontario. I have a masters degree in traditional metalurgy. These days there isn't much demand for classically trained black smiths in Canada, so in 2003 I packed my bags and moved to South Korea to become an ESL instructor.

Working in Korea afforded me many opportunities that I probably never would have recieved back in Canada. The most recent one was to be a member of the "Downtrodden Solidarity Project." This project is a high tech effort to change history through the use of time travel and English education.

The leftist Doolkyeorah newspaper in association with Dongul national university have been developing time machines for the last twenty years for the soul purpose of going back in time to change history in order to give conquored peoples the tools that they needed to overcome the struggles that they would have faced in the future.

The pilot project for this endevor was to send native English speakers from all over the world back to Mexico circa 1510 to teach the Aztecs how to speak English so that they can better deal with the Spaniards when Cortez invaded in1517. In order to do become qualified for this project, I had to send a university transcript and a blood test proving that I didnt have type "B" blood.

I endured a rigorus four question interview that probed my interst in movies and favorite Korean foods. I was also the only person to survive the two week orientation. Well it was me and three other people plus this Korean newbie named Cyrus. Cyrus pretty much washed out of the orientation because he asked some pretty stupid questions in my opinion. When they were telling us about the goals of the project he asked why they were trying to teach the Aztecs how to speak present day North American English and not Castillian Spanish.

He was promptly told not to ask such silly questions and the conquistadors will know how to speak English because of the defeat of the Spanish Armada. When he reminded them that that particular war happened 78 years after the desired time frame of our time travel Cyrus was promptly dismissed.

Oh well goodbye Cyrus, and hello Teotiuacan for me!!. I will be blogging using my laptop and KT's wormhole Qook internet connection that uses quantum physics to charge a laptop battery and connect people to the internet. Aztecland here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment